Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,790   Online: 826

Images

Need MSDS Sheets

I store my wet plate chemicals at our shop and the fire marshall says I have to have MSDS sheets for all of the chemicals in the shop. I have stuff in the shop that is a LOT more dangerous than than the WP chemicals but rules are rules. I have contacted Bostick and Sullivan but they seem to not want to e-mail these to me. Granted I contacted them last summer twice and forgot about it.

If anyone has the MSDS sheets for their WP kits can I get a copy of them to put in my already really thick MSDS binder?
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    35mm
    A couple of months ago I went through an exercise obtaining MSDS for a couple of hundred chemicals stored in the historical process lab at the George Eastman House. They are out there on the web, but some of them require a great deal of searching.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    You can find several MSDS for the cadmium salts, cyanide, silver nitrate, ether, etc., linked on the last page of my online wetplate article:

http://unblinkingeye.com/Articles/WPC/WPC3/wpc3.html

Shooter
    Large Format
    If you have any that don't have any regulated ingredients, no MSDS sheet will exist. It's doubtful all your chemicals will need one. If they do, the place where you purchased the chemicals is bound by law to supply the MSDS sheets on request. The sheets also have to be updated a minimum of every three years. However, I'm speaking from a Canadian law perspective, which is where my expertise lies.

If you're unsure and want to see if an MSDS actually exists, you can do a free search here: http://www.msds.com/ If you don't have any luck obtaining them anywhere else, you can also download them from the same site for a nominal fee.

Images
    Thanks folks.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin