Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,710   Posts: 1,482,916   Online: 995

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I must be really lucky. The only time I have ever had contamination problems was when I used my fingers instead of gloves to move prints. The source of the contamination was very obvious: streaks running down the paper from the corner I had lifted the prints. Went to stainless steel tongs, no more contamination.

I use the same trays, tongs and graduates for lith printing that I do for normal printing. But I always rinse my trays out and let air dry between sessions. As I said, I must be very lucky!

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Rick sorry for taking so long to respond. Tray has the guttered bottom (troughs) I develope face up. I always use distilled water. My prints are already getting better. I believe I was also agitating too strongly. Was getting real bad edge development. Will be giving it another go tomorrow.

Thanks, Marks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Marks View Post
    Rick sorry for taking so long to respond. Tray has the guttered bottom (troughs) I develope face up. I always use distilled water. My prints are already getting better. I believe I was also agitating too strongly. Was getting real bad edge development. Will be giving it another go tomorrow.

Thanks, Marks
    I'm very happy to hear the prints are improving for you. Usually strong edge development happens when you use a tray that's too small. If I remember correctly, you use a 16x20 tray for 8x10... With enough chemistry in the tray you can just rock it gently to slowly, but steadily, insure a flow of fresh developer across the paper surface.

Keep us posted on your results!
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not sure if it's relevant but I thought I'd mention a similar problem I was having with the Arista powder (different manufacturer and formualtion).
    It can be found here.
    I have determined thus far that the B solution is causing my splotchiness. Whether or not it because I use tap water is my next thing to check (probably tonight).
    Scott

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin