Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,294   Posts: 1,535,472   Online: 1018

Thread: Toning Blacks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Toning Blacks

I had some lith prints that I made through a two bath development and the developers weren't very conventional. The blacks weren't quite what I wanted and the just weren't going to develop out.
    I tried selenium 1:10 but it didn't deepen the blacks. Is it the only toner that starts in blacks and works its way to mids and highlights?
    Also, if I couldn't get it in development does that mean selenium (or other toner) has nothing to work with?
    Thanks!
    Scott

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Scott, its possible that a bleach and redevelopment might save it. If you have Tim Rudman's book, there is some data there.
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Andrew. yea I need to get all his stuff.....
    Are you saying to redevelop in selenium? I'm working in general here to find a certain look.
    I have tried bleach and redeveloping with lith developer but didn't seem to do what I wanted (on the two I tried). However, I might try it again on my latest crop ;-)
    Thanks
    Scott

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm saying bleach and redevelop with regular lith developer.
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Andrew is correct, but the best bet is to start over with a more conventional developer or a different paper. Start learning lith be sticking to things that others have shown to work then branch out. It is hard to know whether it is your technique or your experiments otherwise.
    Your first 10,000 pictures are the worst - HCB

www.markjamesfisher.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin