Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,960   Posts: 1,523,075   Online: 1012

Thread: Nikawa

Nikawa

Anyone happen to have a North American source for transparent Nikawa?

... Thanks, Annie

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Are you using it for ??, ???, ??, ??, or for ??? It seems that if you use it as ??, then gelatin would work as well.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Nuts! My clever reply in Japanese was replaced with "?" characters instead. Therefore not so clever. I Googled for an answer and found several Japanese sources, but no N.A. Sorry.
    Moral: Be clever in English on English forums.

...... actually I am using it for x?x?x?.... with the possiblility of adding pigment to the final mix..... so gelatin is not the best option... also there is that whole difference in response with o?o?o to the humidity thing as you well know.

Cheers, Annie.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    x?o?x?
    o?x?o?
    o?x?o?

cat's game

Quote Originally Posted by Deckled Edge
    ...then gelatin would work as well
    Sorry to bump this thread but I just wanted to clarify about my use of gelatin... I wish to use the Nikawa for a traditional Japanese photographic tinting method and not as a paper size.

I am now getting my papers artisan made and only photographic grade gelatin is used for the paper size... not all gelatins are created equal... photographic grade gelatin is the purest form manufactured... even food grade has metal contaminants that can cause flecks and imperfections in some of the alt processes.... at least that has been my occasional experience with platinum printing...once I started using photo grade gelatin this problem disappeared, coincidence perhaps... I know there are many many variables.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin