Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,813   Posts: 1,581,577   Online: 924

Shooter
    35mm

good papers for lith print (easy lith by Moersch)

Hi guys! i would to start printing lith copies.
    I can buy Easy Lith by Moersch,but I don't know which paper I could buy.
    Can you give me some advice about the paper?

regards

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Same advice I give everyone......get Fomatone.....easy to work with and easy to get the colors you want by manipulating developer age, selenium/sepia/gold toning. Super versatile.
    Your first 10,000 pictures are the worst - HCB

www.markjamesfisher.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello!

I want to try lith with Easy Lith by Moersch and FB paper (will buy in Freestylephoto) and have the same questions.
    Fomatone, ok, there are a lot of people with this advice, I think this is a good advice.
    But the price!

Some people use Arista Edu, Adox, and they have (as they say) a good result.
    In the first steps there will be a lot of mistakes, I think, it would be a good way. Or Fomatone is the best choise? (132 or 532 II or 542 II?)
    The last moment: How much paper FB 5x7 can use in Moersch Easylith A&B Lith Printing Paper Developer 2x100 ml ? (2*250ml?)

Thanks a lot!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If price is a real issue, there is always obscure stuff floating around on Ebay. Recently I have seen old Oriental G3, Dupont Velour Black, Luminos Bromide, Luminos Charcoal.

The upshot is price and old foggy papers don't matter so much for lith. The downside is, if you find a box of magic, you will run out of stock by the time you are really having fun. And you will never see the stuff again! (Better to love and to have lost than blah, blah).

But if you are learning lith, certainly the Fomatone MG classic is the fastest way to good results, and with toners, great results.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Ilford Warmtone is great, just need to pull it before the blacks explode.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Arista.edu (Foma neutral VC paper) liths, but it isn't the easiest thing to control....can work well, though. Slavich Unibrom is similar but way more controllable. If you want to try old papers, Luminos, Oriental and Agfa Brovira all look similar and work well. Bob is right about Ilford, but it is a much more subtle look.....not quite as "lithy" as others. If you want to see a variety of papers, I have about a hundred lith prints in a flickr folder here. The hyperlinks above are to some individual images made on that paper.
    Your first 10,000 pictures are the worst - HCB

www.markjamesfisher.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you very much for advices!
    I'll think.

Shooter
    35mm
    In addition I'd really recommend both lith books by Tim Rudman, if you still can find them for a reasonable price.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin