Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,481   Posts: 1,542,709   Online: 969

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    Save half, mix with another half of fresh chemistry. Although I rarely hit the wall with a gallon of chemistry mixed.
    That's a good way to extend the developer. Like you, though, I mix up a lot of developer so I usually hit the wall before my developer

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Most of the time when printing a negative for the first time, I can arrive at a print with the refining crop, exposure, dodges, and burns to satisfy me with 4 to 6 sheet of paper. Happily, with the developer, dilution, and amount of old brown that I use, the prints "turn the corner" from clay/green to the pinky-blackish tones that I prefer at about print #3 or 4, and the developer begins to die about print #6 or 7. So as long as I pay attention, I can hit the window and get 3 to 4 finished prints from one negative in a single session.

I feel that I am most productive in printing sessions of around 2 hours, which is about the time it takes me to work up a finished print and get to the tones I like. So I seldom, if ever, replenish or mix up new developer.

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Henderson View Post
    Most of the time when printing a negative for the first time, I can arrive at a print with the refining crop, exposure, dodges, and burns to satisfy me with 4 to 6 sheet of paper. Happily, with the developer, dilution, and amount of old brown that I use, the prints "turn the corner" from clay/green to the pinky-blackish tones that I prefer at about print #3 or 4, and the developer begins to die about print #6 or 7. So as long as I pay attention, I can hit the window and get 3 to 4 finished prints from one negative in a single session.

I feel that I am most productive in printing sessions of around 2 hours, which is about the time it takes me to work up a finished print and get to the tones I like. So I seldom, if ever, replenish or mix up new developer.
    Same here.
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin