Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,914   Posts: 1,521,736   Online: 1089

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanC
    So, 4ml of liquid (of which 2ml are sensitizer and 2ml are water) in the first coat and 2ml of liquid (all sensitizer) in the second?

Dean
    That is a total of 4 ml of liquid, of which 3 ml is sensitizer and 1 ml is water. The first coating is diluted one part sensitizer with one part water, the second coating is straight sensitizer.

In my work I see a signficant difference in Dmax between single coating and double coating with the first coating diluted with water, but little if any difference between double coating with the first coating diluted 1:1 with distilled water and double coating using straight sensitizer for both coatings.

Sandy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by sanking
    That is a total of 4 ml of liquid, of which 3 ml is sensitizer and 1 ml is water. The first coating is diluted one part sensitizer with one part water, the second coating is straight sensitizer.
    Okay, so each coating is 2ml of liquid.

Coating 1 is 1ml of sensitizer + 1ml of water.
    Coating 2 is 2ml of sensitizer.

Great. I've got some 11x14 cot320 on the way for B+S, I think I'll cut some pieces into quarters and play with printing some step tablets over the weekend.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanC
    Okay, so each coating is 2ml of liquid.

Coating 1 is 1ml of sensitizer + 1ml of water.
    Coating 2 is 2ml of sensitizer.

Great. I've got some 11x14 cot320 on the way for B+S, I think I'll cut some pieces into quarters and play with printing some step tablets over the weekend.

That is correct. And it is best to use distilled water. Tap water contains iron that may interfere with the process.

Sandy

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Moore
    I use the technique clay taught me where you use a shot glass and drag the solution down one side of the paper with the rim of the glass and start brushing. Once I got the actual brushing part down my coatings have been very even.
    Jeremy,

I thought about trying that method as well, I'll give it a go next time I print.

Thanks,

Don

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin