Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,872   Posts: 1,583,475   Online: 1109

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by coigach View Post
    Thanks again for info. Will now investigate the possibility of a homemade unit (well actually a made-for-me by a friend who is a joiner to trade!).

Another question though, possibly very stupid, so be gentle .

I lustfully looked the picture of your setup, looks fabulous.
    http://www.apug.org/gallery1/showima...imageuser=7447
    But if the bulbs are at the top facing down onto the paper, how does your vacuum work??
    (I use a huge UV box at the Print Studio for polymer photogravures which has vacuum on top on a hinged lid, and bulbs below. The plates are placed face down facing the UV bulbs, and the top lid closed, then the vacuum seal is used to hold plate flush to glass).
    Yep, it really was a stupid question - have answered it myself...!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Wouldn't it be simpler to either make a contact frame for the dimensions you want or have a piece of 1/4" glass cut and just use that? You could design a simple clamp (thinking plastic knobs plus fender washers) to hold the glass/neg/paper together.
    Your first 10,000 pictures are the worst - HCB

www.markjamesfisher.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I just skimmed this post but why cant you use the light source that you do your polymer plates one? Thats what I would do.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by platebreaker View Post
    I just skimmed this post but why cant you use the light source that you do your polymer plates one? Thats what I would do.
    A couple of reasons - firstly the UV vacuum box is in a shared access print studio (intaglio, screen prints, linocuts, etc), rather than my own photographic studio, and the studio use policy and rules on chemicals in the shared space means it's a no-go. Secondly, it's lit by a single source, which others have suggested elsewhere might result in an uneven exposure? (This might not be the case, but as per reason 1, I haven't been able to find out)!
    Last edited by coigach; 11-12-2012 at 05:24 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin