Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,700   Posts: 1,548,740   Online: 1151

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Images
    What do you mean by more complete?
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    What do you mean by more complete?
    Well I guess that term is a little arbitrary. What I mean is not something I have to cover with plastic, all wires safely contained and not showing, and looks neat next to my enlarger. There are certainly many rudimentary designs that will work fine, but if i am going to the trouble and expense i would like it to look finished and not thrown together as so much of what I have is. Basically what i am stating in this post is after adding up the price of all the parts I was surprised to see that it was not much less that a ready made box. I have since been searching parts on ebay and such looking to bring the price down. Still looking on craigslist for a Nuarc or something similiar with vacuum able, that would be ideal. Alas so far no such.

Images
    Now I get it. Nothing wrong with what you want. You might ask yourself though, if making something rudimentary to get by with until you can buy or make an enclosure might be a good idea? That way you can see if you like the processes, practice, and get some enjoyment from the process. Once the enclosure is available it is pretty easy to move the lights etc to the enclosure.

Just a thought.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for all this input guys, looks like I will have to get lucky and come across something at some point lol when I leave for work in the morning its dark, when I get back its dark, so can't really do any exposures during the week.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by padraigm View Post
    Hi All,
    I know this has been covered in various iterations on this forum but please bear with me. I was able to acquire the plans for a UV box from Edwards Engineered Products. Looking at the parts list I looked up the listed supplier Grainger, and with the prices they are quoting(Lamps, ballasts) it looks like it might be easier and more cost effective to just buy the build it yourself kit from edwards. My question is, does anyone have a resource they have used for these essential items that are perhaps much cheaper? I certainly want to shop around before getting all the parts together. Any information or experiences are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Patrick
    Patrick...

I downloaded Edwards' plans a few years ago when they were 'available' at 'no cost'. I then built mine..but had an electrician check my 'wiring' (elecricity scares the 's**t' out of me since I can't 'see it). It works well qite nicely (and it 'burning' a VDB as I hunt and peck this. You are welcome to a copy of what I have.

Ken
    Quando omni flunkus moritati (R. Green)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by KenS View Post
    Patrick...

I downloaded Edwards' plans a few years ago when they were 'available' at 'no cost'. I then built mine..but had an electrician check my 'wiring' (elecricity scares the 's**t' out of me since I can't 'see it). It works well qite nicely (and it 'burning' a VDB as I hunt and peck this. You are welcome to a copy of what I have.

Ken
    HI Ken,

Thank you so much for the offer. I was able to find a cached one on the internet. I think I should provided a link here for those interested.

http://web.archive.org/web/200101270...com/Ubldit.htm

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Does anyone know if the Nuarc 26-1 Mercury Exposure System will work for Platinum printing?

-Rob
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Why build a UV box? I bought a facial tanning lamp off ebay for £25 or 40$ which after minor modification works fine.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I made a lightbox out of black light tubes. It works for salt prints, but for cyanotypes, it doesn't work well. The emulsion washes off when a develop it. Don't know why. I'll return to using the sun for cyanotypes. Looks like I'll have to buy need tubes. Any recommendations?
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Skeoch View Post
    Does anyone know if the Nuarc 26-1 Mercury Exposure System will work for Platinum printing?

-Rob
    Rob,

I believe that is the unit that I have, and it is a UV light source, so I would expect it would.

You are welcome to try mine, as we re not located that far away from each other...

Thanks for your help in the past,

Len

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin