Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,837   Posts: 1,582,466   Online: 760

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    The recipients will be lucky to get them. I know they won't end up in the recycle bin.
    Well maybe not. Someone who saw my production line today, commented "I've seen pictures like that on Instagram."

Sigh....

Images
    Did you smack them on the back of the head? People who do that deserve the smack.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

No need to sigh

Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post
    Well maybe not. Someone who saw my production line today, commented "I've seen pictures like that on Instagram."

Sigh....
    Don't cast your pearls to the swine. Only connoisseurs will treasure them.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    Did you smack them on the back of the head? People who do that deserve the smack.
    Well, no. She's a client for my keep-a-roof-over-our-heads job. A lovely person who will be a joy to work with. I'll just see if i can sneak a little photo education in around the corners.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Actually ...... (as my niece was want to say when she was 6)

Until I discovered APUG and other internet resources, I had very little exposure to most of the historical processes. I have no problem with Instagram emulating cyanotypes - I just wish it gave credit for where the ideas for most of the "filters" originated.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thats awesome I was thinking of doing some nice cyanotype prints and frame them for small gifts but Christmas cards are such a cool idea, it also works well due to blue being a 'cooler' colour which would work well with a winter photo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin