Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,988   Posts: 1,524,054   Online: 972

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

cyanotype Christmas cards

Got the production line going today, made 22 cards. Another batch tomorrow.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cyanoXmas.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	179.3 KB 
ID:	60720

Anyone else use their photography for gifts and cards?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post
    Got the production line going today, made 22 cards. Another batch tomorrow.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cyanoXmas.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	179.3 KB 
ID:	60720

Anyone else use their photography for gifts and cards?
    Well done! I do a large print run every year as gifts for the theatre company I work with. I can imagine the challenge of doing a run of "identical" cyanotypes. I thought I would lose my mind the year that I chose to do 40+ caffenol prints.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great work Sly!

I have wanted to do something similar myself but I never seem to be able to get around to it in time. What I really need to do is start shooting 4x5 so I have some nice larger negs to play with. Maybe a goal for next year!
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    35mm
    Nice! What paper do you use?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Brilliant! When one does Holiday cards nothing better than handmade ones that are made with an alternate process. You have beautiful winter scenes...very special.

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Toffle, I picked 4 snowy negs, so am printed batches of 4 at a time. Too bad they were shot different times, on different films, so the exposure time is quite a range.
    Jason - I'm printing on Lanaquarelle hot press. (Had a terrible time when I tried to print on their cold press.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Having seen some of Lillian's other wonderful Alternative Process work, including some cyanotypes (IIRC), I can confidently observe that there are 22 really fortunate people out there.

In my case this year I ran out of time.

We send photo Christmas cards. Some years, each one has a handmade darkroom print. This year though it is a snow scene in colour. Shot on Ektachrome, but commercil lab printed, using that evil intermediate process, and Kodak Endura paper.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The recipients will be lucky to get them. I know they won't end up in the recycle bin. This reminds me of Elvis' "Blue Christmas". Good job!
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Images
    I am always impressed when I see stuff like this. Something I have wanted to do, but time gets in the way. Those look real good.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Large Format
    Four years I've created cards. 1st year I did cyanotypes from 8X10 negatives. That was alot of work.
    Since then I've only scanned platinum prints, and had them printed on card stock. I select images of churches that family/friends are familiar with. For example, the stone Mendon Church in Michigan was a big hit since some of my wife's relatives involved in its construction/usage.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin