Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,952   Posts: 1,557,986   Online: 1100

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I agree with Greg here, ammonium dichromate isn't slower than potassium dichromate - given the solutions have the same dichromate ion concentration. When mixing by weight/volume, 1g A.D. is equal to 1.167g of P.D. - that is, A.D. is more sensitive per given weight. (Because you'll end up with more dichromate ions per weight.)

Regards,
    Loris.

Good to know thanks, I think I read that somewhere, may be this person was mixing less amonium dichromate to get longer exposure times...
    nice for me if is the same, if i can have some later... is it cheaper ? because you need twice as much.

I am doing gum prints.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi again,

You don't actually need twice the amount; you aren't supposed to always use saturated dichromate solutions. If using PD, try to keep the solution strength below or around 10%, with AD the upper (safe) limit would be something around 25%. I never used something stronger than 15% for gum myself - and that was for a short period of testing paper negatives! My usual dichromate concentration is 5%, and the exposure times are around 3-6 minutes with UVBL lightsource - nothing slow here...

Regards,
    Loris.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin