Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,010   Posts: 1,524,634   Online: 1000

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Do you have any suggestions where I may be able to find out a little bit more about this process? or are there any similar processes you know of?
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Research Disclosures and Defensive Publications are the only areas I could suggest. Maybe the SPSE Journal. The time period would be from about 1970 - 1980. I could find nothing after reading patents until my eyes bled!

Sorry

PE
    Last edited by Photo Engineer; 01-20-2013 at 11:51 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Insult, injury and error!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    The time period would be from about 1870 - 1980.

I think you mean 1970 - 1980

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    No Ron goes back that far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof_Pixel View Post
    I think you mean 1970 - 1980

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Do you still want to visit here Bob? I can be made unavailable if you insult me enough!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys, consider the correction made!

PE

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Yes Papa San I do want to see you and Chris and all the good things you folks are up to in Rochester.
    I humbly apologize.

Do you still want to visit here Bob? I can be made unavailable if you insult me enough!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys, consider the correction made!

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Papa San? Hmmpf, I think Sensei might be better, but then I am a bit above myself!

See you soon Bob.

PE

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Sensei....Geheimrat.....depends on your Orientation

Charley

Shooter
    35mm
    I have searched patents, Fred. I have not gotten to RDs or Defensive Publications which are rather harder to access and search. It really does not matter as these fluorescent compounds were complexes of things such as Europium and Yttrium or something like that. I had the information at one time, but I did not want to do any work on it due to the cost.

PE
    Presumably some connection with the "rare earth" elements used in things like color tv and mobile phone displays?

Shooter
    35mm
    It is wonderful to have access to the experts from Kodak. This fluorescent image that PE mentions would have been fascinating to see. If it was a dye-transfer image then Frizza could acquire a dye-transfer relief matrix some way and simply use it to transfer a fluorescent dye onto print paper. You could try it with fluorescein dye which can be bought online in various forms. Fluorescein looks like it is a basic dye so it might require a mordant on the print paper in order to transfer well--perhaps chrome alum? Other fluorescent dyes include Rhodamine which comes in two forms, one of which is available in art stores. You might also use a dye-toning method to create a photographic image in fluorescent dye, cf. J.S. Friedman "History of Color Photography." If Frizza is really interested in fluorescent images he might find it easier to start off with the materials commercially available than try to find compounds made of rare earths.

Try drawing with the dyes also. This will give you a sense of what the fluorescent images look like.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin