Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,487   Posts: 1,571,321   Online: 870

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Cross process C-41 film stand developed in Rodinal (B&W chemistry)

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Christian View Post
    They look great, Stone! In fact, the tonality reminds me of chromogenic films like BW400CN and Ilford XP2 Super; now you know why we're always crowing about those films.
    They also look a tad bit overexposed, as if you could have used an EI of 50 instead if 100. Still, they should print nicely -- you certainly captured all the shadow detail.
    Great stuff!
    I think you mean 100 instead of 50? Lol and I don't think they are under exposed at all. Not for this process, I think that any less exposure and they would all look dark, the orange mask messes with the exposure level I think, not sure but I'm happy with the results. There were some lesser exposed from the lot but these seemed the best to me.

Anyone have any thoughts on the red color?

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Yep, I indeed meant 100 instead of 50. I was typing that comment on my phone and got a little turned around!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Yep, I indeed meant 100 instead of 50. I was typing that comment on my phone and got a little turned around!
    No worries I got it, I could try it, I have lots of kodak Gold left that I won't ever use for anything but testing, this was a fun experiment for sure. It also helps to have figured out that using the provided 35mm holder's for my scanner is NOT the way to go and just putting some ANR glass on top of them makes a huge difference in clarity and overall flatness of the image, 35mm film is SO curly... evil... haha

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    while looking for the manual for the camera, I've discovered the version I have is slightly incorrect as listed above, it's the ...

Zeiss Ikon
    CONTINA Matic II and III

However it seems the site for the PDF's is suspended so... wish me luck... I would really like to know if I was correct in my aperture settings as that's what I'm still not sure was completely correct.

http://www.butkus.org/chinon/zeiss_i...tic_ii_iii.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    hi stone

i never scan anything i have in b+w, ALWAYS in color. the developer does funky stuff to the grains and
    film which gives the colors in the scan. i have some coffee processed b+w that when scanned look like
    autochromes ... not sure why but i don't questions electronics i just use them
    and enjoy the results.

nice work by the way !
    john

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    hi stone

i never scan anything i have in b+w, ALWAYS in color. the developer does funky stuff to the grains and
    film which gives the colors in the scan. i have some coffee processed b+w that when scanned look like
    autochromes ... not sure why but i don't questions electronics i just use them
    and enjoy the results.

nice work by the way !
    john
    Thanks John.

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    New Question ... these are 4 un-cropped images, scanned, does anyone know if the sprocket shadow is due to the old camera I'm using, or is this an effect of stand developing? (I've never used the Zeiss Ikon Contina Matic II before this test and never stand developed either).

Thanks...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KMax800-Rodinal100-2400010.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	443.5 KB 
ID:	63685Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KMax800-Rodinal100-2400019.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	362.4 KB 
ID:	63686Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KMax800-Rodinal100-2400021.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	392.7 KB 
ID:	63687Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KMax800-Rodinal100-2400023.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	389.2 KB 
ID:	63688

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It wouldn't be a result of your developing.

Hold those negatives up to the light. Does each frame stop short of the sprocket holes, or are the frames so off-center that the sprockets are being intruded upon? Your negatives look as if the film is being loaded so off-center into the camera that it's not aligning correctly and making some of the image "overflow" to the sprockets. If so, check the alignment of the film gate in the camera and whether those film gates aren't bent somehow.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    It wouldn't be a result of your developing.

Hold those negatives up to the light. Does each frame stop short of the sprocket holes, or are the frames so off-center that the sprockets are being intruded upon? Your negatives look as if the film is being loaded so off-center into the camera that it's not aligning correctly and making some of the image "overflow" to the sprockets. If so, check the alignment of the film gate in the camera and whether those film gates aren't bent somehow.
    I don't think there are film gates... haha, it's just an open hole, I guess it's just the camera haha

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    New Question ... these are 4 un-cropped images, scanned, does anyone know if the sprocket shadow is due to the old camera I'm using, or is this an effect of stand developing? (I've never used the Zeiss Ikon Contina Matic II before this test and never stand developed either).

Thanks...

hi stone

i get that sometimes too .... sometimes
    i think it is called bromide drag, maybe i am wrong, i don't know to be honest ..
    stand developing does weird stuff to film because the developer exhausts on the film
    and doesn't get agitated to wash off and replenish with new ...

try processing your color-stuff with agitation and see if it still happens

good to see you having fun!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin