Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,900   Posts: 1,555,801   Online: 823

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    CMB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by gzinsel View Post
    3 separate exposures to 3 separate films, with 3 separate filters, in close duration of each other of the same scene, without moving the camera!. (too bad if a parked car moves in between your three exposures)

In-camera separations (analog or digital, one-shot or 3 separate exposes, assembled in photoshop or color carbon), will be the topic of Scott Bilotta's presentation at this months Historic Photo Process Forum. Here's his posting on the History of Color Photography Group:

Historic Photo Process Talk on Tri-Color Photography

Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:06 am (PST) . Posted by:
    "Scott Bilotta" silver_recollection
    I will be the speaker at this month's Santa Cruz Museum of Art and History (Santa Cruz, California) Historic Photo Processes Forum. The topic is tri-color photography via monochrome separations.

Prints made from separation photographs that I've taken and a variety of vintage and antique tri-color cameras will be on display.

I'll demonstrate the process of assembling separations in Photoshop using my photographs as well as vintage separations from my collection.

I'll demonstrate and describe the functional differences between the basic types of color cameras and show modern equipment that one can make or buy to practice tri-color separation photography.

Here's a link to the museum event page: http://www.santacruzmah.org/event/hi...ocesses-forum/

If you'll be in the area, stop by and say hello.

happy trails,
    Scott

Images
    I sat down last night, opened photoshop, opened an image, started working and got bored..

Not going to be in the area for the santa cruz thing but it looks interesting.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by gzinsel View Post
    I think you asking about _ Three color carbon printing? I think "Keepers of light" by Willaim Crawford gives a good ( not Great) but good account of how to start with B&W negatives. But I think he is referring to 3 separate exposures to 3 separate films, with 3 separate filters, in close duration of each other of the same scene, without moving the camera!. ( too bad if a parked car moves in between your three exposures) Al though that might look kinda cool having a "megenta tissue" having the car in it , while the cyan and yellow tissues do not. But if you are asking about starting with one B&W negative, the answer as far as I know is no! sorry dude?? The best i can do for ya!
    See also Chris James book on alternate photographic processes (http://www.christopherjames-studio.c...d/thebook.html ). He has a chapter on printing digital negatives for contact printing.

I have both books (2nd edition of the Chris James book), and for current use, the Chris James book is more useful.

Hope that helps,

Len

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    what pigment does he uses also how can one approach him??

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by yashasvi bhuta View Post
    what pigment does he uses also how can one approach him??
    Tod's website is here: http://www.colorcarbonprint.com/

He uses both older and newer pigments. Some of the more recent pigments come from work done for the automotive industry.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin