Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,932   Posts: 1,585,458   Online: 1065

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    From the potassium permanganate msds:
    I'm sorry I mentioned toxicity in my original post. It was not my intention at all, merely to inform the original poster of the ongoing DAS purchase if he wants it. Next time I should be more careful on my choice of words. Most of us here deal with chemicals on a regular basis and understand the real and imaginary dangers. Let's drop this subject before someone else jumps in - there is no new information to discuss that we don't already know. Peace?

Eugene.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Peace? There was never conflict, at least from my perspective. And information is always new to those who have yet to hear it.

I was not just answering your post, but expanding mine.

vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I use the Potassium alum right after the cooling bath, followed by the wash.
    Thanks for the tip, Vaughn.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    The Potassium alum also hardens the gelatin, but it is not an immediate effect. In fact it is used (or was used) in pickling to harden the cell walls to keep the fruit (and cucumbers) from being mushy. Why it is used in underarm deorderants, I do not know.
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin