Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,541   Posts: 1,544,379   Online: 1049

Shooter
    8x10 Format

Anyone intereste in Dye Sublimatio-----

Hello,
    Since I subscribe ro the Yahoo Group Dye Transfer, I know that someone has some large rolls od Panchromatic Matrix Film. I forgot just how much film is in a roll, but the price is $400 per roll.
    The Panchromatic matrix film was discontinued by Kodak long befor the ortho matrix film. But both are discontued now. Aside from deals like this, matrix film is just not availible anymore. But, you can make your own.
    Bill

Shooter
    35mm
    Don't you mean Dye Transfer and not 'Sublimation'? I associate sublimation with a heat driven process like that used in the Kodak Thermal Dye Sublimation Digital Printers.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Prof Pixal, By "Dye Transfer" I mean the Dye Tansfer process. I never said anything about "Sublimation". You can read about it on several websites. Very few people still do it. Largly because Kodak (Those missgiuded Bussiness Men) stoped making the Matrix film. The later is film without hardener which has actual thicknes variation controled by the various densities of the negative.
    Bill

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbillbugman View Post
    Prof Pixal, By "Dye Transfer" I mean the Dye Tansfer process. I never said anything about "Sublimation". You can read about it on several websites. Very few people still do it. Largly because Kodak (Those missgiuded Bussiness Men) stoped making the Matrix film. The later is film without hardener which has actual thicknes variation controled by the various densities of the negative.
    Bill
    The title of your posting read: Anyone intereste in Dye Sublimatio----- so you DID 'say something about "Sublimation"

I assumed you had meant to say 'Dye Transfer' in the title, but the fact is you didn't.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Prof_Pixal,
    i APOLOGIZE! I just realized my mistake in the post title. I did get it right in the post body though. That is the SECOND mistake I have made since 2010!
    Bill

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin