Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,697   Posts: 1,482,545   Online: 880

Images

printing B&W without developer

On a magazine I've read an article that was suggesting a number of alternative and sometimes cumbersome methods for B&W. Amog the others they suggested to make a very long contact print exposing ordinary B&W paper under the sun and the just fix and wash. The paper should blacken for the simple effect of UV radiation (i.e. without being immersed in the developer). Does it makes any sense?

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Works just fine. Some papers go darker than others, though.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    So, what about the exposure times? Are we talking hours here?

I guess those times must differ under various weather types. Bright sunny day, cloudy... I wonder if that could affect the contrast of the print.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It does take time. For most papers you are talking hours, depending on light source and intensity. Next time you slice up some paper for test strips (if you use them of course), keep one aside and put it in the window, see how long it takes. Or a whole sheet with a neg on it and the glass from a picture frame.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin