Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,951   Posts: 1,557,917   Online: 971

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glop Shelf life

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Thymol is a cheap and effective way to keep "bugs" from growing in glop. I've discovered a year old container of glop in the back of the fridge that was still clean and usable. Keeping containers, stirrers etc. scrupulously clean, and using sterile (boiled) water lessens the chances of starting off with an inoculated mixture.

Dequalinium (available as an 'oral paint') is also an effective bug killer.
    - Ian

Images
    Ok. This brings up another question, the relative humidity here is around an average of somewhere in the teens and often lower. I had read about curling and cracking and that is why I was thinking of saving the glop in the fridge and using as needed. If I make the tissue, dry it and freeze it will it stay flat and not crack.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Just sealing in a bag would probably be enough, if not previously dried to the cracking point.
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Images
    Thanks
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin