Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,708   Posts: 1,548,563   Online: 1127

Shooter
    35mm

Foils/Negatives for Cyanotype

Hello everyone,

i want to make big scale Cyanos. My problem is to make big Negatives. What do you recommend. Try to find a professional printing service? Has anyone tried it to make prints on transparent paper?
    I started something with an old Dia-Projector ..... it won't work ... i will need a long exposure time ....
    So, if anyone has ideas to make Cyanos with a size for maybe 1x2meters ..... let me know :-D

Greetings from the South of Germany
    Florian

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    How about liquid emulsion on a transparent plastic material (like a big acetate) and project a positive slide onto it to create a negative?

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I looked into that also quite a while ago. I know they make A3 transparencies for commercial needs but I guess that's too small for you. Eventually I opted out on it because I don't have the room or equipment to handle large sheets and anything larger seems to be non-existence. But I you find something then please let us know.
    Sure, I could give you a boring explanation who I really am but I rather let the Origami do the talking.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Blog Entries
    you might have to go the hybrid route, i did ..
    but i did smaller negatives en route to larger ones...
    blueprint shops may be able to help

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a colleague at University of California, Davis Robin Hill. She does big cyanotypes. She prints negs on big sheets of acetate on an ink jet printer.

http://robinhill.ucdavis.edu/profess...cyanotype.html
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin