Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,832   Posts: 1,582,356   Online: 929

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Platin Palladium Positives on Glass or Plastic Film and Transparency

Is it possible to print Platin Palladium print on glass or plastic film and what would be the transparency of this print layer ?

Umut

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Yes, definitely possible -- and being done.

http://www.alternativephotography.co...gment-on-glass

He was a student of mine at a carbon printing workshop several years ago...great guy!
    Last edited by Vaughn; 03-20-2013 at 07:26 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Thank you Vaughn , I liked the sun lit room at different times of day effect on Benazir Butto print very much. I think its a highly complicated chemistry to stick print on glass. If I am not wrong , he is printing 4 different layers to 4 different glasses and stack them. I think it causes lots of reflections , effect of thick glass coloring and loss of sharpness. May be it would be better to stack polyester films. Is it possible ?

Umut

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I do not think the substrate matters. Bill is using a non-gelatin coating, which should be able to go onto any clean surface. And with registration, one might be able to print multiple layers on the same piece of glass.

The article is two years old, and he is still actively working and experimenting, the best thing would be to contact him directly. I might be able to find an email address for him, but a quick search of my email did not turn up anything.
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I do not think the substrate matters. Bill is using a non-gelatin coating, which should be able to go onto any clean surface. And with registration, one might be able to print multiple layers on the same piece of glass.

The article is two years old, and he is still actively working and experimenting, the best thing would be to contact him directly. I might be able to find an email address for him, but a quick search of my email did not turn up anything.

But try: wildbillbugman@yahoo.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin