Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,844   Posts: 1,582,671   Online: 1089

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes, Digital Chemitype or "Metal-jet" printing would be the logical end of "hybrid" practice.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/..._chemitype.pdf

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    If you automate the method of coating, does this not dilute the mark of the artist/maker from the final print?

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Looks like Mike is way ahead of the rest of us (not at all surprising). I know a little about inkjets. I would think that a cheap HP would be the way to go as their heads are integrated into the cartridges and are disposable. They use a technology that heats up the ink locally and it squirts out from the pressure of "boiling" the ink. Epson uses a piezo element to do the squirting. Not sure which technology is easier on the ink/chemistry. I would expect that you may also have to add some sort of surfactant to get it to go through the inkjet head nicely (could be wrong). A little Tween 20 might help. Too much tween will make it spread in the paper too much though.
    Your first 10,000 pictures are the worst - HCB

www.markjamesfisher.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Sounds interesting, but what will you do if a nozzle clogs? Do you have a printer in mind?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin