Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,690   Posts: 1,548,849   Online: 961

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you all for your help
    Philippe

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    HP5 does need a high-energy developer to kick it into gear!
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Vaugh for you with the Hp5+ what is the best developper to obtain a best negatif for the carbon printig Iso ? Deveper choise ? Dilution ? Temperature degre celcius ? Time ? Very thank you for your help and experience on argentic negative and carbon printing with this. Philippe

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Sorry, but I have not yet gotten a good neg for carbon from HP5+. While I suggested D-19 to others, the suggestion was based on my failure with my usual 'high-energy' developer (Ilford Universal PQ), and the opinion/testing of others. I just decided that I won't use HP5+, as it is not the best choice for me.

But if I were to try HP5+ again, and did not have D-19 to try, I would try straight Dektol, 68F for 8 minutes for a HP5+ negative of a scene that has a range of at least 7 stops of light in it (detailed shadows placed on Zone II to III). I would not bother exposing the film with a scene brightness range of 5 stops or less.
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Philip

As I posted on page one... with a print, D-19 works very well with HP5+ and carbon printing. I use a dilution of 1:3 as if used straight is very powerful and very short development time. I develop at 20C. I don't have the development times on the top of my head, but if you want, I can post my "normal" time later today.

andrew

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you Vaughn,
    Thank you Andrew
    Yes Andrew, i am interesting D-19 with HP5+ dilution 1:3 at 20°c for the Carbon Negative.

Yes, thank you to post your "normal tmie" and also the iso of the HP5+ (200 iso or 400 iso or 400 iso ?)

Very thank you for your help

Philippe

EI 250
    For a DR of about 1.90, normal development time is 5:00. D-19 1:3, 20C.
    Please note that this time is for continuous agitation in a tube. For tray work, you will have to extend the time somewhat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Andrew,
    Very thank you for your informations and yor help

Philippe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Andrew,
    I buy to day Kodak D19
    It is a power

To prepare the D19, you add power with water to make 3.8 litre of D19 = D19 Stock

To you devevelop 1:3

You add 1 part of D19 Stock = 200 ml
    3 parts of Water = 600 ml
    It OK,

Thank

Philippe

That is correct. I have a lot of chemicals in my darkroom so I mix D-19 from scratch. Keep the stock developer in a bottle with no air space. Small water bottles with air squeezed out works wel for me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin