Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,955   Posts: 1,586,030   Online: 754

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    I have found the origin of the quote above:

http://www.mikeware.co.uk/mikeware/P...ladiotype.html

Jim, I'm assuming you are you referring the Dick Stevens book "Kallitypes, A definitive Guide"?
    I see that he has new book out called " Kallitype, the Processes and the History" I wonder if this is revised version of the original?

Shooter
    Large Format
    The Mike Ware quote is from his article on pt/pd printing, not Kallitypes. The normal clearing bath for Kallitypes is 3% citric acid.
    I use Mike Ware's recommendation with pt/pd printing, and find it very effective.

A new book on Kallitypes by Dick Stevens? Couldn't find any description other than published this year and 400 pages which is double the earlier book. Very interesting, thanks for the info.
    Last edited by doughowk; 04-25-2013 at 05:38 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    Doug, I realize that. However the processes are close cousins. They both use ferric oxalate. It's really just the metal salt that's different.
    Many people use EDTA with Kallitypes as well. Citric acid is not usually enough to remove the iron completely.
    I forgot to mention that I do also tone my kallitypes with a noble metal like gold or platinum.
    Dick Steven's new book: http://www.amazon.com/Kallitype-The-...vens+kallitype

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin