Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,516   Posts: 1,572,118   Online: 1103

Images

One foot off the edge and I am about to jump in to the Pd

It has taken several years but I think I am finally ready to use the Pd kit I got a while ago.

Any last minute points of general knowledge will be great. I will be coating in a darkened bathroom, Printing using the sun, processing in the tub. I am sure there are a million things I missed but what the hell. Should I wait for a step wedge? Is it really important?
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    If you got the kit a long "while ago", you might want to think about some fresh ferric oxalate. Other than that, welcome to an addiction.
    "If I only had a brain"-Some badly dressed guy made of straw in some movie I think I saw

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    just cannonball right in, the water's great!
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Think of attending, somewhere along the line, a workshop by Dick Arentz, Tillman Crane or someone of similar stature. You will have some experience & gain from their teaching in improving your workflow as well as see excellent work & learn how they have done the technical end of things.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I learned a whole lot from Kerik, and he's a great guy! www.kerik.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Yup, you do need to do a workshop to get the hang of Pt/Pd. It will make your efforts more effective and you will waste less money.

Your safelight is a 40 or 60 watt yellow "bug bulb". There is no need for darkening anything. One of the great things about Pt/PD is that you really don't need dark.

On the freshness of chemicals. If the FO is still dry, then you are OK. If it is in the liquid form and several years old, it is quite likely useless.

Welcome to the club. (Secret handshake comes later. )
    Two New Projects! Light on China - 07/13/2014

www.joelipkaphoto.com

250+ posts and still blogging! "Postcards from the Creative Journey"

http://blog.joelipkaphoto.com/

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin