Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,918   Posts: 1,584,768   Online: 948

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

How long do open bottles of easy lith last?

I opened my bottles of Moersch Easy Lith at least last fall and I know I was getting much slower times the second and third time I used them. How long will they stay good for use once opened? About comparable to Ilford multigrade or longer? Just wondering if it's worth the potential frustration of trying to use it if it doesn't last well.

Shooter
    35mm
    Never had a problem with shelf life. Are you using the same paper? Is the temperature of the developer the same?

I put a heating pad under my developer. This cuts down the time I have to wait considerably.

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    AFAIR Wolfgang Moersch once said that Lith developer (concentrate) keeps very long (nearly indefinite).

Edit: found it here (in german):
    http://forum.phototec.de/read.php?3,...507#msg-126507

He claims that he found no activity loss even after 8 to 10 years.
    Last edited by ath; 05-05-2013 at 05:49 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks! Well, that's good news that it lasts. My guess as to my longer times is that it was colder in the room (the first two times I did it were during the summer). I don't have a heating pad (maybe the infamous piglet warming pad should be on my shopping list), so that may be part of the issue. The darkroom is on the house system, but it's still colder than upstairs. The last time I used lith, I put the lith developing tray in a larger tray with warm water. The interesting thing to me was that the outer areas were lighter than the middles. I would have expected the opposite. But who knows with lith and I'm open to whatever happens. And I've only done lith about four times so far, so I'm still on the steep side of the learning curve.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin