Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,548   Posts: 1,544,574   Online: 966

Thread: Na2 method?

Images

Na2 method?

What is this?
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think its a form of Pt/Pd printing. Tillman Crane is giving a workshop at Peters Valley Craft Center on the subject this summer.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I dont know if he still does, but Arentz used to have a table of drop counts using sodium platinate as the restrainer as opposed to potassium chromate in his web site.

I dont like the Na2 method much, some swear by it.

Images
    I read it on Arentz' web site and Saw it on another. What is it for? Yep, I have no clue what the hell a restrainer is or does.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mark
    I read it on Arentz' web site and Saw it on another. What is it for? Yep, I have no clue what the hell a restrainer is or does.
    Morten could tell you but I bet his are leather

Here you go "Restrainer - chemical constituent of developing solutions which helps prevent reducing agents from affecting unexposed halides and converting them to black metallic silver". Found it here

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Na2 is a restrainer used in palladium printing to increase the contrast of the print. It acts by inhibiting the sensitivity of the solution. It affects highlight areas more severely than shadows and thus increases the resulting print contrast. Varying the amount of Na2 solution you add to your basic palladium-ferrric oxalate mix will allow you to fine tune the contrast. The downside to this method is that it uses a platinum compound that can significantly cool the tone of a palladium print. It is also useful only for pure palladium prints. The benefit of this method is that it does not cause graininess in the print like some other restrainers can when used in the larger quantities.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin