Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,712   Online: 801

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    I used citric acid in my development, but I also found it interesting that the clear acrylic I used for a cover actually made the two plant pics seem a little lighter.

I'm guessing I unknowingly had some citic acid on my hands when developing the print and caused the excess oxidation in those areas.

M1tch, those are two of my daily shavers actually! I also make my own and restore them. I need to figure out how to get a good quality print from taller objects. I going to grab a UV bulb on my way home tonight and try using a snoot on the fixture to columnate the light a bit more for a straight on exposure and eliminate the shadows.

Good fun, using this process! I will try some contrasty negatives as well.

-Xander

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The emulsion is actually pretty easy to make and low in toxicity. It's potassium ferricyanide and ammonium ferric citrate. Here's a great website for alt processes. http://www.alternativephotography.co...lassic-process

It's also pretty cheap to make too.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    35mm
    Just did my first print of a oiled paper positive using the info m1tch provided in his thread. This one is a bit over exposed at 13 minutes in sunlight. I lost a bunch of mid tones. The paper positive is a very low resolution laser print, which doesn't seem to matter much on this scene. I'm going to try 9 minutes on the next one.

Oh, the prints I did yesterday did oxidize fully and the blue spotting went away. I can see how this gets addictive! Great fun!

-Xander

Shooter
    35mm
    I shortened my exposure time to 7 minutes ad got much better mid tones. I wish it was a higher resolution print for this one, but it looks ok I think.

-Xander

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin