Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,878   Online: 938

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Wireframe Camera Quest for Fantastic 3D Design or Architecture

I am looking for ideas to make a camera which sees 3d wireframe at a image object . Additionally this camera must act at bulb mode while moving the camera around a building and camera must see a curvilinear 3d shape and record a wireframe for that.

I am impressed by Gothic ornaments , Art Nouveau and Fantastic Paintings of Vienna ecole. My quest is to make it possible to create a wireframe with camera while scanning a edgey object in to curvilinear object with free movement and finally create an wireframe.

This wireframe will go in to modelling software , evolutionary structural optimization plug in will increase the quality and subdivision modelling will generate a 3d object , building , tower or ship.

Later catia will develop in to a engineering Project and generate a construction plan with all details.

Software is ready but camera is not.

How would it be ?

Mustafa Umut Sarac
    Istanbul

Shooter
    35mm
    So you would need a camera that either maintains its spatial relationship to the object being scanned, or a camera that could continuously measure, update and adjust. When I was working in metrology, I did a lot of 2D stuff just like this, taking images and building wireframe in CAD from the images. I found that contrast is needed, and also being able to adjust the light so edges were defined properly. Things as simple as a chamfered hole caused all sorts of errors in the model, because the edges would not maintain the same reflectivity all the way around.

This is not a small task you are trying to undertake, good luck!

-Xander

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    a camera that could continuously measure, update and adjust
    Is there a camera like above , what is the name of the technology ?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin