Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,773   Posts: 1,484,384   Online: 1078

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Problem with Slavich Unibrom & Arista Lith Developer

I have a customer who is getting white patches on his prints when using Slavich Unibrom grade 3 and Arista lith developer. He has informed me that the developer was new and fresh and I know the paper was also fresh.

I have used this paper many times for lith and not had this problem but I usually use Moersch Easylith or Rollei Creative Vintage developers. So I am unsure if the patches are due to a paper defect or a problem with the Arista developer.

Has anyone experienced this?

Peter
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Unibrom paper.jpeg  
    Last edited by thefizz; 06-12-2013 at 03:52 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    This is normal ! Your customer has to dilute more the chemistry. Slavich paper hates bromide in the developer and this provoke such patterns.
    The only solution is to decrease the quantity of bromide in the devloper, by diluting more.

With Moersch chemistry, I only put 10 mL A and 10 B in 2 liters of water and it's enough!
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I concur that Moersch has never shown this - I am using Slavich Unibrom grade 3 too. However, I use 20 + 20 in 1 litre. I do see a very slight "parchment" effect after toning in the white areas (which is actually quite nice) but I will try a much more dilute developer next time - thanks for the tip - still learning this!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thank you both, I'll pass the information on.
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin