Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,548   Posts: 1,544,551   Online: 971

Thread: Carbro

Shooter
    35mm

Carbro

JandC photo sells a paper know as Bromoprint. It is my understanding that this paper is not supercoated. Not being supercoated is one of the recommended characteristics of a bromide paper for making carbro prints in either monochrome or full color. Has anyone used this paper for carbro work? I know that some printers are sucessful making carbros with RC papers but I am curious about this paper.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire Senft
    JandC photo sells a paper know as Bromoprint. It is my understanding that this paper is not supercoated. Not being supercoated is one of the recommended characteristics of a bromide paper for making carbro prints in either monochrome or full color. Has anyone used this paper for carbro work? I know that some printers are sucessful making carbros with RC papers but I am curious about this paper.

I have not used this paper to make carbros, in fact I have not made any carbros at all during the last five years or so. However, I have examined the JandC Broimoprint paper and have seen it used in making bromoils, and it appears to be one that would work well with carbro. However, you are limited to the single grade of contrast so your negatives would need to be crafted to match the ES of the paper, in contrast to VC papers.

Sandy

Shooter
    35mm

Thank you

Thank you Sandy.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    A strange thought suddenly struck me - probably a result of the pyrocat fumes from developing prints in Edwal 120 (a long story):

Has anyone, to anyones knowledge, tried lith printing for carbro/bromoil or similar?
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin