Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,955   Posts: 1,586,022   Online: 695

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    for the fuji dupe film try hc-110 @72 degrees...find your own time time. hc-110 will give you consistent results everytime
    Best, peter
    website down for maintenance!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Peter,
    What dilution did you use with the HC-110?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Schrager View Post
    for the fuji dupe film try hc-110 @72 degrees...find your own time time. hc-110 will give you consistent results everytime
    Best, peter
    I am also curious about what dilution you are using Peter. I'm now using a very strong concentration of Dektol to get enough density with the MI-Dup film. I also like the fact that Dektol is relatively cheap and, as a paper developer, would not oxidize as quickly in the tray? I did use HC-110 with lith film at very low concentration. But HC-110 is known to give little fog with the longer developing times I was using (up to 18 minutes).
    I am curious to the reasoning behind using for the x-ray dupe film?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    sorry everyone..use 1:3 dilution...reasons to use: repeatable and easy results...you also work in with a red safelight and can see what you are doing
    Best, Peter

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    So, that 1:3 from syrup? That's going to get pricey fast! I would go through 1/4 bottle of HC-110 per tray!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    yes pricey and repeatable..otherwise learn to make digital negatives and see what that costs you
    Best, peter

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I don't know how it works with the Fuji film but the Kodak GBX comes as a pair and should last about a month. 1qt concentrate : 3 qts water but the bottles are graduated so you can mix a smaller amount in that ratio. Excellent results with x-ray duplicating film. Use a water "stop". Developing time is a matter of taste mine is 2 to 3 minutes depending on desired contrast. Also a red safelight. I have used that combo for many years.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I don't see how using HC110 is any easier and more repeatable than any other developer-- and the 1:3 dilution is ridiculous. Safelight use has nothing to do with the developer, it's the spectral sensitivity of the film.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry S View Post
    I don't see how using HC110 is any easier and more repeatable than any other developer-- and the 1:3 dilution is ridiculous. Safelight use has nothing to do with the developer, it's the spectral sensitivity of the film.
    I'm in total agreement.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Having not heard from Peter as to dilution, I will try dilution B as that is a pretty common one for film and is easy to mix...1:31. I will get back as to how well the HC-110 works for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin