Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,772   Posts: 1,516,545   Online: 931

Shooter
    Multi Format

Newby question, 9x12 plate holder...

Hi,
    I just purchased a Voigtlander Bergheil 9x12 that has several sheet film holders, a roll film back and a pack film holder. I was wondering if anyone here has tried shooting plates in a camera like this and if so, what did you use as a plate holder. I was thinking it might be possible to modify the pack film holder to accomodate a plate. Any thoughts would be very much appreciated.

Cheers,
    Robert
    Robert S Cooper Photography
    415 Kentucky Ave.
    Savannah, GA 31404

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think I may have answered my own question. Am I correct that the original holders double as sheet film or plate? and that to use plates you remove the "film holder"?
    I am kind of feeling my way around in the dark as it were.
    thanks,
    R
    415 Kentucky Ave.
    Savannah, GA 31404

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    You got it. If the holder has a a removable film sheath, you can take it out and use a 9x12 plate. I'd love to shoot some plates at some point, but not wet ones--I like my 9x12 camera too much. I've seen some ancient 9x12 dry plates on ebay and Slavich used to make them--not sure if they're still in production. You could ask at Laser Reflections--they're one of the only US Slavich resellers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ahh thanks Barry,
    It's not a thingy. It's a film sheath.
    415 Kentucky Ave.
    Savannah, GA 31404

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin