Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,960   Posts: 1,523,111   Online: 964

Shooter
    Medium Format

Positive processes

Hi
    I am wondering if one can still find positive paper and chemicals to enlarge slides using traditional printing technique. I understand there used to be something called cibachrome and later on ilfochrome, but when I contacted some suppliers they told me this is not being produced any more. So is there any positive process that you can get hold of today?

Best
    Johan

bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This should probably be posted in the Color subforum where it would get more attention. But (and to confirm) Ilfochrome is a discontinued process, so I suppose that puts any workable solution squarely in the Alternative Process category. For starters, do a search on "RA-4 reversal".

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    At least 4 manufacturers make such materials (leaving aside those instant materials).
    Though as indicated no direct-postive colour print material is manufactured any longer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It is still possible to make inter-negatives, although there are no longer any special purpose materials made for that procedure.

Kodak Portra 160 works effectively.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Another alternative would be reverse processing of the negative acting RA-4 paper.

A approach done by some to overcome the lack of Ilfochrome print materials.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin