Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,227   Posts: 1,532,689   Online: 805

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I can't speak for Kallitypes, but as said this is similar to VB. I use a 2% sodium thiosuphate solution with about 10ml of ammonia (8 molar) in 5 litres of solution. This seems to work fine with 2 minutes fixation.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Loris Medici View Post
    Use this formula; the stock solution has a very good shelf life (at least 3-4 months) and it works wonderfully with any of the iron-silver processes.

Regards,
    Loris.
    I use the same toner formula for lith and standard prints. I make up 200ml at a time and use just enough in a flat bottom tray to cover the print (surprisingly little). I then save the used toner in a separate bottle. It has a pretty good capacity. When it stops working (a few prints), I discard it and start with new.
    Your first 10,000 pictures are the worst - HCB

www.markjamesfisher.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi all,

BTW, if probable, avoid large margins with brush marks around the image, you'll save toner; I use a mask to put ~3mm (1/8") wide regular borders around the image if it's going to be toned... Masking some coated parts also lets you check for good clearing / processing. The whites should be perfect in the coated but masked parts of the print, if not, your processing is flawed and/or the paper isn't suitable to the process - with or w/o any other pretreatment...

Regards,
    Loris.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    This is all great info. thanks guys. Loris, what do you use to mask?

Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi padraigm, I use 1 - 1.5" wide ribbons cut from scrap pieces of fully exposed offset (lith) film (log 4.0 - 5.0 density) or I put a mask around the image in case of digital negatives.

Regards,
    Loris.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin