Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,011   Posts: 1,524,681   Online: 732

Shooter
    Multi Format

Lumen print using color paper

I have a lot of color paper from my color darkroom days and was wondering if I could make a lumen print using this paper.
    I am going to try it and see but also was wondering if I could just fix them with B+W fixer or should I use some Bleach Fix I have leftover from printing .
    Has anyone tried this idea?

Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I haven't made lumens with color paper, but I dont see any reason not to experiment with it. Go for it.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You can see a lot of lumens on my site, but all are made with B&W paper. I sure would be interested in what happens with color paper.
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, first pass at color paper lumen. I tried an exposure to sun for 1 hour on two sheets. First one I just bleach/fix with color chemicals. Came out totally white. Second one I developed and then Bleach/fix.
    The second one was black but you could see a faint image of some flowers I put on it.
    I think I'll try putting flowers on the paper and just exposing with white light on the enlarger. If this works, I'll start using the filters in the dichroic head to change the background colors. The objects should change the color of the image.
    I'll update later if anyone is interested in this process.

Thanks
    Richard

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    If you expose B&W photographic paper for let's say 6 months in a pinhole camera (recording sun trails), you DON'T develop or fix the paper. This will destroy the image. Just keep the paper negative in a dark box, only get it out shortly to scan it once and put it back in the dark. It will keep for quite some time.
    Here is a nice instruction video: http://youtu.be/wtZOWEB_wcI

I'm guessing this will work the same with colour photographic paper (never tried it myself).

Making contact prints (with daylight or an enlarger) is an other thing.
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin