Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,011   Posts: 1,524,677   Online: 768

JAG

Shooter
    35mm

Liquid Light Sydney Darkroom

Inspired by 'The Great Picture' I will be making some large fabirc prints using liquid light over the next few months.

Are there any sydney based artists/ photographers that have or could reccommend a darkroom that has a large wet area, is run by down- to- earth people that are available?

Also, any advice from users with experience with this kind of emulsion or 'Kwik Print'?

Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JAG View Post
    Inspired by 'The Great Picture' I will be making some large fabirc prints using liquid light over the next few months.

Are there any sydney based artists/ photographers that have or could reccommend a darkroom that has a large wet area, is run by down- to- earth people that are available?

Also, any advice from users with experience with this kind of emulsion or 'Kwik Print'?

Thanks
    Stephen Frizza can probably help you. He will more than likely reply to this.

JAG

Shooter
    35mm
    thanks kevin!

Shooter
    35mm
    Chris Reid at Blanco Negro gets my vote. He's a fantastic guy and great to chat to.

Shooter
    35mm
    I'll second Chris at B/N too!! He has worked quite a bit with liquid emulsion I believe ...........
    cheers,
    Sam

Shooter
    35mm
    Liquid Light has an ISO of around 1 (one!) and is sensitive to blue only.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JAG View Post

Thanks

hi jag

i don't have any sage advice . i've no experience using it on fabric, but on other things ( glass metal paper, plastics ).

sometimes older developer gets more speed + contrast as it ages ...
    when you melt it down, only do a small amount at a time, the more you heat+melt it
    it tends to fog ... AND while i hate suggesting to use a hardener, you might consider
    using alum hardener in your binding agent when you sub your fabric and in your chemistry ..
    sometimes liquid emulsion likes to lift + frill and unfortunately slide off what it is painted on ...

i'm sure your guru in your part of the world will know all this, and i'm being redundant

using liquid emulsions is a blast ..
    have fun

john
    im empty, good luck

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin