Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,914   Posts: 1,556,277   Online: 852

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Stone, what you call base colour differs on the rebates from the rest of the film strip in your sample.
    I don't follow.... rebates? having a translation error...

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    so you bleach in daylight?

Sure. You are just trying to convert the CLS into a form that the fixer (in that bath) removes. The CLS is very fine particles of silver that can be easily beached and fixed by that bath. You want to avoid 'over doing it' so that you actually bleach and fix image silver.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Stone, sorry:

Rebates = Film Edges

In the case of your sample I refer to edges areas including the perforation areas.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Hey Guys!

The base color was not expected, I'll have to figure out if there's a way to clear that, or if I've done something wrong in my process.
    ~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm not sure but if I remember correctly the Kodak BW400 film (= B&W film for C-41) has also a brown base?? I'm not sure but can't check it right now.
    You could develop an unexposed part of the film to see what colour the base is in itself.
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by TheToadMen View Post
    I'm not sure but if I remember correctly the Kodak BW400 film (= B&W film for C-41) has also a brown base?? I'm not sure but can't check it right now.
    You could develop an unexposed part of the film to see what colour the base is in itself.

It not the Kodachrome film base color you see, it's the CLS (Carey Lee Silver) that is colloidal silver used as a yellow filter layer.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheToadMen View Post
    The BW400 is C-41 so it has an orange mask for printing as do all color C-41, this is not the same thing, all transparencies are clear.

AgX said it correctly, I just find it weird the yellow silver turns red when it dries...

AgX can I bleach it even now or is it too late now that it's been exposed to light?

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Stone, you already developed the CLS layer when you developed the film. The developer doesn't choose. You can bleach it at anytime, just watch how much you bleach it because you don't want to be bleaching the rest of the image silver out.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    Stone, you already developed the CLS layer when you developed the film.

Actually, the CLS layer doesn't need to be developed - it's colloidal silver particles (very small) that's used as a yellow filter and normally is bleach/fixed out of the film during Kodachrome processing.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    So far no-one aside of me referred to that difference in min density/colour over the width of the film.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    BUMP

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin