Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,682   Posts: 1,548,519   Online: 870

Shooter
    Large Format

Humidifier info needed

Here in New Jersey it's 13 degrees out and my darkroom is DRY. The local hardware store only has 3 gal. room size units. Does anyone know of a small desktop unit to humidify a single sheet of paper? Should I try to use a steaming pot of water? Please help guide me on the road to Pt/Pd perfection.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I just use a tabletop model. I don't know the exact model name and it was my mother-in-law's and is probably 20+ years old. I humidified for 1 min. 40 sec. when the humidity was 36-41% in my house a couple of weeks ago and my Pt/Pd & Ziatype prints came out fine.
    Diane

Halak 41

edz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by photobum
    Here in New Jersey it's 13 degrees out and my darkroom is DRY.
    The best I can think of are the Venta Air Cleaners. They make them in a few sizes and are ideal for darkrooms--- also for static control.
    Edward C. Zimmermann
    BSn R&D // http://www.nonmonotonic.net

I am also in northern Jersey and I use 2 room size humidifers to get the darkroom up to 50-60% humidity.I store my Pt/Pd paper in an open box in the same room.This time of year it takes several hours to get enough humidity to print.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin