Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,212   Posts: 1,532,043   Online: 1197

Images

Pin holes and water color paint????

In Arentz' old book he mentions using a red water color paint on negatives with pin holes and states that the method will be covered in chapter nine. It is not covered in chapter nine. Anyone know what he is talking about?
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Large Format
    Page 84. He is talking about using crocein scarlet to cover pin holes in negs so they won't print as black spots.

Images
    That is what I assumed but he never says how to do it. How do I do it.? Just like spotting with a #00 brush?
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mark
    That is what I assumed but he never says how to do it. How do I do it.? Just like spotting with a #00 brush?
    Kinda. Just paint inside the lines, so to speak.

The red wrinkle is you end up with white spots instead of black ones, but those can be retouched easily in the print. Whether that's better than trying to build the right blend density with a dye is the question.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin