Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,562   Posts: 1,573,314   Online: 1049

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    SNIP
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    However, if you are not precious about prints (only reproductions from negs) then it's not a big problem and the dust will settle.
    Fox Talbot would grant the idea.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Right, take the bike outside and paint it.

My bathroom is my darkroom, so as far as doing other things in there.........

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My darkroom is just used for photography. My photographic obsession is moving the other way and taking over the house. 8x10 and background in living room, as well as framed photos stacked against the wall; 3 camera bags, camera vest, tripod in kitchen on and around the comfy chair; more framed photos stacked against wall in bedroom; a nameless room houses boxed photos, binders of negatives and slides, various small bits of gear, my UV unit, a matt cutter, and a cluttered desk......
    Need a complete re-organization, but who's got the time?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I was "voluntarily hosting" a marine aquarium in the darkroom for a few years...not anymore though.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    During the daytime, I push aside the black curtains and use the room to practice clarinet and saxophone. It's basically my library, music studio, and darkroom all in one. I normally keep the door closed, plus with the sounds of my playing the cat pretty much steers clear. Dust hasn't been a problem yet!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    Laundry, of course! And cat play corner. Our house is really small, and the only running water in the basement is by the laundry, so that's where I built my 'dark corner'. I hang clothes from the same lines that I hang clothes to dry, by necessity.
    I hang PRINTS from the same lines that I hang clothes to dry...
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I the past I have used the darkroom to ferment wine started from commercially presed never frozen or concentrated grape juice , and vodka started from granulated sugar.

Tempering means, air exchange and exhaust facilities, and the big sink to wash and rinse and bottle in were big plusses in those activities.

I also use the shleves for overflow book storage for the times when the main bookshelves get full.
    This is trasitory, for over the winter we read a lot of the used books we buy cheap, and in the summer we donate them away to a charity to sell them again.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As Mike, I use my permanent DR to indulge my other passion - home-brewing! Nice big sink, and lots of space to work.
    I find that the end result of home-brewing and DR session go hand-in-hand - a glass of good wine, whilst appreciating a good print!
    Cheers,

Jim.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My darkroom also does duty as my office (with the computer kind of crammed into a corner of the desk next to the enlarger), and rather less optimally is the only place in the apartment where a cat litter box can reasonably be located.

I definitely have to watch out for dust, though it's not as bad as I'd feared it might be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I leave a small air filtration unit running continuously in my DR, I dry negatives in there with no worries. My cleaning is at a minimum due to it.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin