Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,627   Online: 716

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Analog Computer with Protein Dyes and possibility with Silver Gelatin Film

I am researching protein dye added emulsion making and its possible to use these emulsions as cpu , they change with different polarizer light to conduct as logical gates.
    Is there such an experiment with normal silver film , may be we can print different qualities with different polarized lights.

Umut

Shooter
    Multi Format
    So this is a computational element and not a memory? A developed negative would in essence form a 'layer' of a combinatorial equation? Would the result be recording on a piece of film, paper, or other light sensitive technology?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
    My flickr stream

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Light and protein works like an transistor. Not only memory, if you use it , it records 5000 lines per mm hologram recording medium or as a 3D recording medium with using big cubes also. Its a optical computer where Soviets used as radar identification computer. Rhodopsin is the fastest transistor in the world.

The advantage , you can grow bactery in a bottle , extract rhodopsin and mix with a polymer to set. After that if you record a photograph , it carries it for years but if you light it with blue light , it deletes it. 10000000 times recordable and deletable.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fascinating. Please post links to material.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
    My flickr stream

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    There are ten thousand free online journal articles at web. Search as bacteriorhodopsin or rhodopsin at us databases , pubmed is a start.
    Last edited by Mustafa Umut Sarac; 10-06-2013 at 11:15 AM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin