Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,902   Posts: 1,584,559   Online: 1039

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I'm talking about using them as hot lights... Apparently I'm not familiar enough with any wet plate processing, I thought you needed them for the exposure but your response sounds like you need them for development?

Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    Why is it that people feel they need to jump in and help when they know absolutely nothing about the topic?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by davido View Post
    Why is it that people feel they need to jump in and help when they know absolutely nothing about the topic?
    Why do some people need to be rude to those trying to help. He said UV light box... What I described is a UV light box... I'm also aware of the fact that you use UV light to expose the coated paper... Why is what I described so bad that you have to make such a remark?

Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice, but I hope you earthed that foil.

Quote Originally Posted by jp498 View Post
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/1375969...7635019029286/ is the photos for one I described a build of on LFF. Someone else refined that and made an even nicer box. Do check out LFF DIY forum when it's back up.

A metal halide light will also work, but not as fast or compact.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SMBooth View Post
    Nice, but I hope you earthed that foil.
    Earthed the foil? Why would anyone poop in the foil first? Oh wait....my misunderstanding, i think you referring to grounding it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

IMAG0251 by jmsnoopy650, on Flickr

IMAG0250 by jmsnoopy650, on Flickr

IMAG0249 by jmsnoopy650, on Flickr

IMAG0248 by jmsnoopy650, on Flickr

I have one of these i found fully working used for $12USD. It was meant for dental film but i imagine it can also be used for what the OP is trying to do. I'm just not sure how to use it yet. I was thinking it could be used to make contact prints. Anyone care to explain how to make this work for doing that? Not trying to hijack the thread, i'll start another thread if need be. Thought it appropriate here because i'm sure more of these are out there just as cheap and making the suggestion that this may be an inexpensive alternative to building your own.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mine is low tech. A box about 18" square by about 9" high, with an open bottom. One side has lower half hinged to lift and slide contact frames in.

Wood is white coated melamime particle board

Screwed to the underside of the lid is a set of 9 screw shell sockets in a regualr pattern, and then fitted out with 13w BLB compact flourescents.

With the Dr. Ware new cyanotype mix expsure times are about 30-45 minutes.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Large Format
    OTOH, plate burners complete with vacuum easels are going relatively cheap if you can find them. It cost me as much to get it home as it did to purchase it (C$75)...

However, they do occupy much more floor space or storage space than a UV box though.

Shooter
    Large Format
    OTOH, plate burners complete with vacuum easels are going relatively cheap if you can find them. It cost me as much to get it home as it did to purchase it (C$75)...

However, they do occupy much more floor space or storage space than a UV box though.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    I have designed and I am building just now a new UV box for my cyanotype negatives. My design is based with a previous one I built myself, more than 15 years ago, using 2 banks of 5 UV Bl tubes for printing double face electronic circuits. My old system is bulky, heavy and noisy ... but it is still working. It makes my cyano negatives in 4-6 min. New design try to include some improvements If anyone is interested in my new design it can be seen here:
    http://www.novau.net/InsoladoraUV.dxf
    Drawing can be opened with DraftSight or any CAD program and I can give details on any part not specifically shown at drawing
    -Francesc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use a simple face tanner with success for several years now. I place it upright at the neg from a 3-feet distance.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin