Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,109   Online: 900

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I believe in the back of either a bostick and Sullivan book or in Dan Burkholder's book there's an excellent diagram for building one. I replicated it in Mexico City very inexpensively since my buddy and I new a good carpenter who did it for cheap. We found the bulbs which were GE something or other easy to find and cheaper than the book stated.

I'll see if I can find what book I'm thinking of.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mexipike View Post
    I believe in the back of either a bostick and Sullivan book or in Dan Burkholder's book there's an excellent diagram for building one. I replicated it in Mexico City very inexpensively since my buddy and I new a good carpenter who did it for cheap. We found the bulbs which were GE something or other easy to find and cheaper than the book stated.

I'll see if I can find what book I'm thinking of.
    It's in the book "The New Platinum Print" by Sullivan & Weese. I think it's out of print.

Regards,
    Loris.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Yep that's the one. I looked all over there website for it. Somewhere a teacher gave me a few copied pages out of it but I have no idea where I put them!

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Goose View Post
    I use Philips UV TL tubes, these are pretty cheap, don't need any ballast and can be bought a various lengths, you only have to buy an armature to install them.
    TL tubes without ballast? Such does not exist.

(The only fluorescant lamps that do not need a ballast (as it is built into the lamps) are the compact types. But these are not offered as UV version to my knowledge.)
    Last edited by AgX; 01-08-2014 at 07:21 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    TL tubes without ballast? Such does not exist.

(The only fluorescant lamps that do not need a ballast (as it is built into the lamps) are the compact types. But these are not offered as UV version to my knowledge.)

I don't know, the tubes themselves are from Philips marked TL 20W/5. I don't know, perhaps the armature has the ballast inside it but it has been so long ago I build it that I don't remember it if it had. I know that it was the cheapest way to get UV light were I live as the whole setup was about 40 euro to build (with 2 tubes).
    Sure, I could give you a boring explanation who I really am but I rather let the Origami do the talking.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Philippe Berger View Post
    For Carbon Printing, i use a Lamp Philips HPR 125 with Ballast. It is perfect
    Philippe, are you using a single lamp? What size prints? Thanks, Evan Clarke

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin