Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,680   Online: 1154

Shooter
    Multi Format

Carbon Printing with Negative Paper

I will tested Carbon Printing with a Negative Paper exposed with a old camera studio and developped on Negative paper
    After i will use this Negative Paper for a Carbon Printing by contact with UV light.
    Why are testing this Negative Process, link to see the process or more informations ?
    Thank you

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Philippe, you are using a paper negative and exposing it on carbon tissue, is that right? I've not tried that but that's not to say it wouldn't work. I don't know what kind of print it would make but good luck and let us know.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Philipe, could you explain the paper negative that you will be using? Paper that you have sensitized yourself, or B/W photo paper (graded/VC)?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think use a B/W photo paper, i don't if RC of FB ? I exposed directly on a Camera Studio and i developed the negatif on the B/W Paper
    After i don't if i must oil, or other technical ?
    I will by contact prin,ting a Carbon

If you use RC paper, you will not be able to wax it due to resin coating. FB would probably work better for waxing. Try exposing through RC paper. The exposure will be pretty long, I image. I would take a metre reading on my exposure table through whatever negative you use and then another reading through a sheet of RC paper. Apply the exposure difference as a factor to your usual carbon printing time. Just be careful making your readings. You don't want to be looking directly at the UV light. If you have an incident metre, use that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would be very interested to see the results of this. Good luck!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Interesting idea. If I recall, the negative paper and contact printing through it is fairly high contrast. This could work quite well. Please post results.
    K.S. Klain

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin