Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,054   Posts: 1,561,313   Online: 1206

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The print sleeves (called protector sheets) I get from my local art store are very thin.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew O'Neill View Post
    Do you mean acetate? A good art store/supply shop should carry it.
    No. Mylar is a DuPont trade name fpr their polyester products.

Make sure you ask for the right type as it's available in white and semi-opaque as well as clear.

If you just want a few sheets, I could send you some.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi guys, i do have a contact on a seller (small scale, not industry wholesale) but I haven't managed to call him yet..
    I wonder however - I supposed the mylar could be reused many times and someone here mentioned only 2-3 times.. how durable is this stuff?
    @Steve- thank you for your kind offer, I'll contact you if I don't find a reasonable solution locally.

Sent from my i9300 using Tapatalk
    | website | ipernity thing |

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Any place that carries archival framing and matting supplies will have it. It is quite strong and can be reused many times. There are different thicknesses, the thinnest would be best for what you want to do. I did the same when I was printing non-silver.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Fluoropolymer have higher refractive index and your prints would be even sharper. It is the strongest plastic on earth.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have been using polyester and LDPE Polyethylene sleeves for 40 years and notice no difference between the two; both for making contact prints and archival properties.
    Richard

Why are there no speaker jacks on a stereo camera?

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    Fluoropolymer have higher refractive index and your prints would be even sharper. It is the strongest plastic on earth.
    From a theretical point of view: the lessser refractive indix, thus nearer to air, the better.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by erikg View Post
    the thinnest would be best for what you want to do.
    The thinnest we have is 75 micron (0.003"). I wouldn't use anything thinner. Thicker can be used but it depends on the light source. If a single bulb or the sun is used, then the thickness isn't going to make a lot of difference but if a large light source such as several UV tubes is used, the light can come in at all angles so the thinner, the better to reduce softening of the edges of the image,

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I’m using Hostaphan some BoPET from Mitsubishi and I’m quite happy with it:

http://www.kremer-pigmente.com/en/pr...&sorting=model

It is 15µm

Chris

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    From a theretical point of view: the lessser refractive indix, thus nearer to air, the better.

you are right but I bet fluoro have higher abbe number also higher partial dispersion number.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin