Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,955   Posts: 1,586,030   Online: 757

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Is red gel bandpass filter also

Are Wratten filters , colored gel filters , our usual red yellow filters , cinematographic light coloring filters , bandpass filters also ?

Umut

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Some absorbtion filters are, some are not.

Orange to red filters though have the features of a bandpass, at least for the published part of their spectral characteristic. (The right hand end is typically omitted and falls outside our interest anyway.)
    Technically speaking the term high pass would be more apt though.
    Last edited by AgX; 11-22-2013 at 09:10 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Kodak once published a book with spectrograms of every single Wratten filter. I have frequently consulted this manual over the years for special
    applications. There were many scientific, medical, and graphics applications for these filters, and not just routine photographic uses. So the
    former selection of filters was considerable.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Kodak provides spectral data for filters online: http://motion.kodak.com/motion/Produ...attten2.htm#s1
    - Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For future searches that reference this thread, the following very detailed resource might be useful as well.

Transmission of Wratten Filters
    Compiled by Allie C. Peed, Jr. for The Eastman Kodak Company

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That is a table of figures. I find the curves, especially in their printed and bound version, much more informative.

I find it useful though as a reference to the offer of filters.
    Have you got a date of publication?
    Last edited by AgX; 11-22-2013 at 05:33 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Personally I find the precision of tables preferable to the fuzzy mental interpolation required of curves, but YMMV.

No, unfortunately I do not have a date for this document. I came across it years ago and saved it for my own reference. It has been useful to me in the past, so I thought I'd pass it along in case it might also be useful to someone else reading this thread in the future.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You are a software engineer and probably more at ease with figures.
    I'm just a simple guy...

(I have to admit though that one can fool people much better with curves. Maybe that is why they are so widespread.)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin