Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,572,966   Online: 1047

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by doughowk
    Kevin Sullivan from Bostick & Sullivan replied to an inquiry about availability of a commercially manufactured paperI do think, though, more would try pt/pl if a pre-coated paper was available.
    This could be true, but not necessarily a good thing. Pt/pd is weird in the sense that it is easy to get a more or less ok print right away. The tough part is getting an outstanding print, without the controls available with hand coating I think many people would give up too early and think those of us who do it insane. Like Kevin I beleive the best approach is to coat your own and experiment a little.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

sorry I made a typo

Is plantine paper or something like that I think Fabriano is the maker is a great paper and it needs no sizing
    Gustavo Castilla
    We are not moved by things ,
    but by the views we take of them.
    Epictitus.
    My site
    My flicker page
    Facebook
    Contact

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by castilg
    Is plantine paper or something like that I think Fabriano is the maker is a great paper and it needs no sizing
    Arches Platine is made by Arches. No sizing is required for it nor is it required for platinum friendly papers (or unfriendly for that matter.)

Sizing is typically used for gum bichromate printing.

Don Bryant

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin