Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,655   Online: 715

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Kromskop Camera, Viewers and Color Filters

I am amazed with Frederic Ives Kromskop Camera Images. Do these cameras color filters and their viewers color filters matches with todays RGB Filters ?
    How old timers prepared such filters ? Is there any spectral comparison ever made ? Is it possible to repeat old coating technology or are they colored glasses but not coated ? Where to look for that research ?
    If I find the filter manufacturer, may be I can go from patent route. If I find the spectral curves , I can order the coatings.
    Last edited by Mustafa Umut Sarac; 01-06-2014 at 04:03 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Color Separation Filters

E. J. Wall wrote filter making instructions in his 1922 book, Practical Color Photography. The book is not difficult to locate but you can also download it for free at this link: https://archive.org/details/practicalcolorph00walliala

Chapter 2 describes how to make separation filters. Chapter 11 gives complete directions for making a photochromoscope, and the viewing filters. Wall describes the issues surrounding the selection of appropriate taking and viewing color dyes.

I think you might find what you are looking for in this book.

...Scott

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin