Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,700   Posts: 1,548,406   Online: 1037

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here is another option with good prices..got mine here.

http://www.jerrysartarama.com/art-su...es/online/2101
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I toodled over to Jerry's in Raleigh, NC on Saturday. Lots of Brushes, no Richeson 9010 brushes in 2.5". Ordered it on the web. Wonder if the web store and the real store are run out of the same location.

No doubt about it Jerry's has some good prices.

Oh yeah, but the 9010 brushes they had there really felt nice.
    Two New Projects! Light on China - 07/13/2014

www.joelipkaphoto.com

250+ posts and still blogging! "Postcards from the Creative Journey"

http://blog.joelipkaphoto.com/

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Richeson 9010

The Richeson 9010 is the "magic" brush everyone is exalting? I thought that alt. process plat./pall. does not work with a metal ferrule.The metal is supposed to react with the metals in the process? Right? Wrong? I usually just buy a high quality hake brush and they work fine. Someone please clarify this for me
    Regards, Peter

Shooter
    Large Format
    Peters,
    There is no problem with a metal ferrule on the 9010 brush. For one thing you are not using "that part of the brush" to coat the paper. The only problem with the 9010 is the paint cracking over time and flakes falling on the coating but this is easily taken care of by removing paint from the brush or as I have done coat the handle with the rubber coating material used for hand tools.
    I believe " don't use a brush with a metal ferrule" is one of those rules like " you can't use dichromate in the developer to control contrast with straight palladium". Some of those rules are just a bit out dated.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Yup, there are a lot of techical changes in what is a very old technology. So, if you don't pay attention to the technical side of things, you could be missing out on some productivity improvements that make your life easier and your photography better.
    Two New Projects! Light on China - 07/13/2014

www.joelipkaphoto.com

250+ posts and still blogging! "Postcards from the Creative Journey"

http://blog.joelipkaphoto.com/

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin